Muonio "Aurora" test ecosystem facilitates testing of intelligent transport and infrastructure solutions in all conditions including extreme weather. The test ecosystem is open to all interested parties conducting testing and trialling.
Tests and trials can be carried out on the Aurora Borealis corridor on E8. On the Finnish side this includes 10 km public road test section from Pahtonen to Muonio that is instrumented to support especially connected and automated driving trials in real traffic.
Basic Infrastructure at your disposal
- Equipment shelter, where testers can install their own equipment.
- Electricity fibre (covering the 10 km road) available
- Cable protective pipes (Ø 110 mm, inner pipe Ø 100 mm) under and along the road can be used for installing additional cables if needed. Cable manholes (connection to electricity and fibre) and electric distribution centres
- Test equipment can be installed in equipment shelters, masts, poles, as well as in and along the road
- On a 1.5 km stretch along the road there are fixed stands on which, for example, marker posts and ploughing poles or the equipment required for testing may be installed
See also our past events.